Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sen. James Inhofe: I am Earth's #1 worst enemy

The GOP should adopt this position as a plank in the party platform.

James Inhofe, Earth's worst enemy.  

Photo via Copenhagen

Climate change skeptic James Inhofe, the Republican Senator from Oklahoma, has announced himself to be the planet's #1 worst enemy. I kid you not--his words. This made news late last week, but it somehow slipped through my radar--not sure how, as I usually keep a pretty keen eye out for any and all Inhofe antics. Here's what he said.

Last week, during a series of interviews, Inhofe was asked about his being included at #7 on Rolling Stone's list of "the planet's worst enemies." And what did Inhofe say in response?

According to TPM, Inhofe took this as a slight. "I should have been number one," he told KFAQ radio in Tulsa, "I guess [Warren] Buffet has a lot more money so he went first." And lest anyone think this was a one-off gaffe, an ill-timed slip of the tongue, he went on to repeat the sentiment in another interview. That yes, he wants people to think of him as the #1 enemy of Earth. Again, from TPM: …

Sen. James Inhofe: I am Earth's #1 Worst Enemy

No comments: